Tuesday, July 31, 2007

View from the top

Taking a shot of the facade of St. Peter's Basilica and the window where the Pope greets his audience during the Sunday Angelus is almost always obligatory for tourists who go to Rome. But there are certain angles of Vatican life that are not usually captured by the lens. Here are some of them:

These are the statues of Christ and the saints that crown the Basilica. Dan Brown addicts would also be quick to point out that the epic finale of Angels and Demons where the Camerlengo came out on fire, took place here... sans the fence, of course.

This is the dome of the Vatican. Being the picture addict that I am (and since I had to climb about 300 steps), I just *had* to have a pic taken with me on the foreground, hehe.


And this is the gorgeous interior. I suddenly had the urge to shout "I'm the king of the world" but decorum got the better of me.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger