Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Paraiso

So I am back in the Philippines... and nearly forgot all about Blog Action Day. But since I have an extreme case of obsession-compulsion (and, not to mention, a great brother who can tolerate my insanities), I'm writing this at 3 AM, Philippine Time, or 9 PM, Spanish Time.

One of the most drastic changes a balikbayan who spent two years in Europe has to face is the fact that the Philippines is not exactly the most environmentally-conscious country. With all the economic and political difficulties my country is experiencing, taking care of nature is probably the least of its concern... a sad realization especially when one realizes that it's a vicious cycle and that in the end we are killing our paradise and, yes, ourselves.


No comments:

Powered By Blogger