Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Water, water everywhere! (The Asian Edition)

Although I personally don't have any fixation with beaches, I find coastlines very attractive and peaceful. In a previous post about a year ago, I blogged about "watery" spots in Europe. Now here are some pics from Asia.


Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. On the Malaysian Borneo can be found this gem of a place, still not assailed by international tourists.


Baguio City, Philippines. My record with Philippines beaches is shameful, considering that Palawan and Boracay are two world-famous places to see water. At any rate, Baguio (yes, that cool place up north!) has an artificial lagoon and that for someone who hates the sun with the passion is heaven.


Beijing, China. Beautiful and sublime. This was taken from the Summer Palace, which overlooks an artificial lake that the Empress Dowager purposely constructed.

3 comments:

Antonis Kirikos said...

Well, I can understand that... I find I have a fixation with all bodies of water, especially the sea! Most of my favourite landscapes are by the sea.

Antonis Kirikos said...

those are some cool places, by the way.

Marlon said...

thanks, glorfindel! you really should come here soon. i'd be your free tour guide

Powered By Blogger