Monday, September 15, 2008

Universities

One of the best things that studying in Spain could afford any student is the fact that he would have to choose from a variety of universities, most of which date back to the Middle Ages. Here are some of the universities in Spain I was able to visit.

Universidad de Valladolid. This my university in Spain. The historic façade is that of the College of Law in whose center the Tree of Knowledge stands. Sapientia aedificavit sibi domum (Knowledge has built itself a house) is our university motto.

Universidad de Salamanca. This is the oldest university of Spain where many great minds have passed over the centuries. The façade exalts the Catholic Monarchs who founded the university in the 13th Century (I hope I have my data right).

Universidad de Córdoba. As a habit I don't normally visit universities whenever I'm touring. But since the College of Arts and Letters (Filosofía y Letras in Spanish nomenclature) of the University of Córdoba is in the heart of the city, I took time to take a picture of its façade.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger