Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My fado night in Lisbon

The last time I went to Europe, I was torn between going to Portugal and going to Italy. The decision was one that was difficult to make, since I both love (re: salivate over) the two countries.

In the end, I decided to go to Portugal, mainly because of food and music. This was when I had just discovered fado and wanted to listen to it in an honest-to-goodness fado house. So I googled for a fado house (travel guides recommend reserving beforehand) and found one very near my hostel, right next to the Sé of Lisbon, where I would stay for a couple of days.

Clube de Fado proved to be an exquisite choice that combined glorious music with nice food and ambience; for around 50 euros per person, I think it's an experience no tourist in Lisbon should miss.

1 comment:

Portugal visa said...

Excellent post! I had a similar dilemma a few days back while deciding on whether to visit Portugal or Belgium. However, your blog has nudged me to choose the former simply because of its gastronomical delights and musical offerings. I will be applying for a Portugal Visa Appointment any time soon. While I wait for my visa, I will start preparing an extensive travel itinerary because I am planning to stay in Portugal for at least 2 or 3 weeks. I hope to have a gala time in this gorgeous country.

Powered By Blogger