Thursday, July 19, 2007

Intellectual traveling and picture wh*ring

I'm not really a sun-and-surf dude as you might have already noticed and since I usually travel alone, I don't go and check out bars and hang out till the wee hours of the morning (save for a few occasions that I travel with friends).

What I do enjoy, however, is traveling to learn. Yeah, yeah, I'm of the nerdy sort but aren't you just fascinated with the sites that otherwise you'd just read on books or see on the Internet? Besides, the typical Asian mindset always resurges when I'm on the go: I *must* have my pictures taken, hehe.

That was precisely what I felt when I went to Greece, for example.


The Parthenon, Acropolis, Athens, Greece. Being the perpetual picture wh*re that I am, I just had to have a photo taken with this most famous Athenian temple of all time.


The Tholos, Delphi, Greece. This is another temple dedicated to the goddess Athena. To reach this particular vantage point, I had to wade through a sea of rocks and millenarian debris.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger